Email marketing has an ROI of 4,400%. This means if you’re looking to expand your business, reach new audiences from other regions, and increase your revenue, email marketing is always a smart investment to make.
Not convinced? Here are some email marketing facts and figures that will make a believer out of you.
- 2018 data reveals there are more than 3.8 billion email users in the world. By 2022, this number is expected to balloon to over 4.2 billion.
- Worldwide, a total of 281.1 billion emails are sent every day. This is equivalent to 195 emails sent out per minute.
- Email users have an average of 1.75 email addresses, which equates to approximately 6.65 billion email addresses that are in use today.
- When it comes to checking emails, the use of mobile devices has increased tremendously. Countries where users check their emails more often on mobile devices (based on percentage of mobile users) include:
- Sweden – 67%
- United States – 65%
- United Kingdom – 63%
- China – 14.3%
- United States – 12.1%
- Germany – 11.1%
- United Kingdom – 4.19%
- North America – 3.10%
- China – 1.02%
- Australia and New Zealand – 0.175%
- United States – 0.112%
- Canada – 0.017%
This information can help you better determine how people from a certain region might engage with your emails. Knowing what to expect when it comes to the behavior of audience towards your emails will make it easy for you to adjust your strategies to suit different needs.
Want a more granular view of all this data? Then check out the infographic below: