So, you’ve realized that your customers need content. We have to give individuals exactly what they desire, however, somebody has to write it first.
Who do I employ? What does it cost? How well do they need to know clean energy? These concerns have been swirling around in your head for quite some time, and it’s about time they stopped.
Do not let these questions eat away at you any longer. We have everything you need to learn about hiring CleanTech content authors.
How Much Do They Cost?
Let’s resolve the screeching elephant in the room from the outset. Content writing is not really the world’s latest art form, however it has yet to be completely standardized in terms ofprice.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Many authors expect to be paid based on word count. In general, this varies from 15 cents to 25 cents per word.
- If your typical article is around 600 words, a well researched/written post will cost you anywhere from $100 to $180 per post. Presuming you publish 10 articles a month, your expenditures will be between $1000 and $1,800.
- Be conscious that these price quotes are for the creation of the material alone. You’ll require an editor, a designer/developer, online search engine optimizer, and a content strategist to steer the ship.
How Will I Know if They’re a Good Fit?
This procedure can be just as complicated and misleading as dating. The most apparent location to begin is with a writing sample, but like a profile photo, things might not always be what they seem.
Take heed of the following pointers when evaluating a content writer:
- If possible, ask their recommendations exactly what the author’s first draft appears like. Some writers can have a stellar final draft, however, sometimes, the credit needs to truly be offered to an editor that directed them through a series of revisions. You want to make sure that your author can produce rapidly enough to meet your requirements. If an author consistently produces an initial draft that has to be greatly retouched, it is a warning sign.
- Have they written on a variety of subjects? In an ideal world, the author would be highly concentrated on your market, however, that is not really always possible. Try to find a writer that has a proven track record of being a proficient researcher.
- Evaluate their interests. An author who is genuinely engaged with your company’s objective is going to produce more effective material. They are also more likely to turn into a long-term partner.
How Do I Hold Onto My Writers?
Everybody requires some positive support. Content writers appreciate a pat on the back (figuratively speaking) as much as anybody.
Revealing your appreciation isn’t so much in exactly what you say, but what you do:
- Give your writers the opportunity to grow with strong content ideas that challenge them.
- You’ll likewise need to pin down a unified style and tone. An author cannot provide you their finest if they do not know what you desire. Without any consistency, your content will appear disjointed and your authors may begin to look elsewhere due to aggravation.
The Bottom Line
At this moment, you have a pretty good grasp on exactly what to keep an eye out for when employing content and blog site writers. All set to breathe a sigh of relief? No, we didn’t think so.
Content that attracts visitors and assists in transforming them into qualified leads isn’t really just a matter of creative wordplay. It takes design sense, search engine awareness, technical savvy, and above all, method. Simply puts, content development is a group sport.
Additionally, you can work with a content service provider (like ourselves) to produce the material technique, material, optimization, and style that will resonate with your prospects.
To learn about exactly what has to be established for an effective Content and Inbound Strategy, grab our free eBook here!
If you have any questions about how to get started with an Inbound Strategy for your CleanTech company, don’t be shy, reserve a time to speak with us here. We’re delighted to help!